DRIVE INNOVATIVE HEALTHCARE EFFICIENCIES
Decision-makers face many challenges in how best to allocate health care resources. These challenges present themselves across the globe in low, middle, and high-income countries. They also present at different levels of decision-making: at the national level by government health ministers, and at local levels, for example, by hospital management teams. We've seen levels of technological innovation increase to unprecedented levels - working to improve the health and health care for many disease areas and conditions.
Health Assessment also refers to new health policies, such as smoking bans, or a change in how health care service is organised or delivered, such as telemedicine. The demand for new technology is high, and especially if they are backed up by good evidence. Unfortunately, health services cannot sustain all new developments when working within a fixed budget, therefore, decision-makers face difficult choices. This is where Health Technology Assessment (HTA), comes in. HTA helps decision-makers make informed choices by interrogating the relevant information about new technologies.
In this course, you will learn the fundamental concepts of HTA, and about the different stages of the entire HTA process. On successful completion this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the multidisciplinary nature of Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
- Explain the concept of quality of life and understand how it can be measured
- Explore the concept of cost-effectiveness and how that can assist in making tough decisions in HTA
- Develop an appreciation for the diverse range of skills and knowledge involved at each stage of HTA
- Reflect that when working within a fixed health budget tough decisions have to be made
What it's like to study online
- 100% online for complete flexibility
- Our part-time online programmes are ideal if you're working full-time or have family commitments.
- Connect to campus from anywhere
- All you need for our online programmes is a device with internet access.
- Gain a global perspective
- As an online student, you'll be part of an international community of academics and learners.